Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Day of Eating

I thought from time to time I'd post a photo essay of a day's eating for me. I've included everything with calories, but not shown the press of French Roast and the cuppa Jasmine green tea.
 This is a very typical weekday for me.

Breakfast : 1 jumbo egg scrambled with butter, red pepper, onion, and topped with 1/2 an avocado.

Lunch- leftover hamburger patty and onion, with Trader Joe's organic baby spinach, some broccoli, the other 1/2 avocado, and home made balsamic vinaigrette.


Treat, because I always have one : a little bit of honey mixed with almond butter and two squares of dark chocolate, chopped. Today the chocolate was Godiva because I'd gotten some in a Ravelry swap. I like quite a few varieties- many of TJs, Theo, Endangered Species , Equal Exchange , Divine and Ghirardhelli and Guitard. As much as I like to buy fair trade myself I won't turn down a decent, all natural dark chocolate anyone might want to give me (hint, hint, world!)




Sipped on  about 1/2 of this Sea Breeze whilst making dinner. Been drinking the same one since Friday. Yes, I know how to nurse a drink! I'm not much of a drinker; I blame The Host for me craving one.



Dinner- leftover steak the Dungeon Master had grilled a few days before, simmered with onions, mushrooms, and garlic, served with garlic broccoli and a green salad with carrots and the balsamic. You can cover your plate with food like this if most of it's produce.
And that's it. Then we went for an hour long walk to wind down from the day hooray for nice weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment