Saturday, July 7, 2012

Wackily Allergy Friendly Cupcakes

Are you familiar with the history of the Wacky Cake? some sources say it was created during the Great Depression; others say in Britain during World War Two. In either case, a cake originally born of austerity is GREAT for those with food allergies.I've gone one step further and made it gluten free ( and a bit faster). This recipe is also free of eggs, dairy and nuts.

Preheat oven to 350.
Toss into the bowl of your stand mixer:

1/2 cup each brown rice flour, mochiko, and cocoa powder
1/4 cup corn starch
1 tsp each baking soda and vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 TBL white vinegar
1 cup cold water.


Process until just combined, then fill up your cupcake tins. I got 14 cupcakes out of this. bake 22-25 minutes.






My gluten loving kids went back for more- in my opinion, the best review a gluten free, dairy free food can get is, "I couldn't tell it was gluten free!.

No comments:

Post a Comment