Saturday, July 7, 2012

Multi-grain GF pizza crust

Pizza crust is something I and every GF cook seem to keep coming back too. There are about a zillion GF pizza crust recipes out there, yet we keep trying to make it better. I came up with this one on Thursday for my youngest son's birthday festivities, and liked it so much I made it again tonight.
Oven 425 F

Mix together :
1/4 cup each flax meal, organic corn meal, and brown rice flour (I use Bob's Red Mill for all)
1 tsp each baking powder and ground oregano
1/2 tsp sea salt
3 jumbo eggs
2TBL extra virgin olive oil

This is a thin crust pizza:


Spread onto a pizza dish that has been generously doused with olive oil. Bake 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven. Top as desired: I used onions, garlic, tomato sauce,mozzarella style Soy Sation  and Hormel uncured pepperoni. Return to oven for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool at least 5 minutes before cutting.



Thick crust version:





No comments:

Post a Comment