Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Gluten free, dairy free brownie for 2 or 3

Even before going gluten free myself, I would often look at classic baked goods recipes and think to myself, " I bet I could make that gluten free just by replacing the little bit of flour with more cocoa powder." Of course, anyone with any baking experience knows you can only go so far with that without the resulting baked good falling apart, even with eggs. But for a small item, made in a small container, you CAN get away with it! Here, after a bit of trial and error, is my microwave brownie for 3 ish, using no grains or flours!

In a microwavable ramekin with a capacity of about a cup, soften 3 TBL coconut oil. Stir in 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 3-4 TBL brown sugar, 1 egg, dash salt, and a few TBL chocolate chunks. Microwave at high for 1 minute, 10-20 seconds. Eat warm, and share with a friend !

No comments:

Post a Comment