Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The antidote for banana muffin cravings

I couldn't figure out yesterday why I was craving banana muffins so much- enough to go to the produce market to buy bananas. I don't like bananas, and only eat them in muffin/bread form with plenty of chocolate. Then my daughter reminded me that the night before we had watched Vampire Effect . It all made sense now!

These muffins taste a lot like the original...they main thing you taste is banana. I'd love to try giving one to an unsuspecting person (with no known food allergies, of course) and see if they even miss the grains.

Preheat oven to 350. Mash 2 very ripe bananas. Mix in a bowl with 2 eggs, 1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil, 1/4 cup turbinado sugar,  1/4 almond flour,  1/2 cup flax meal ( I use Bob's Red Mill ) , 1 cup dark chocolate chips,1/2 tsp salt,  and 1 tsp baking soda. (You will note, so special instructions about "in a separate bowl...".  Nope, I'm all about the dump and mix. Comes of having no dishwasher) .  Pour 1/4 cup batter into into each cup of a lined cupcake tin, and bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment